Dental Exams and Cleanings
It is recommended by the ADA that everyone should visit the dentist at least twice per year to ensure optimal oral health. Our team will consistently provide you with high-quality professional dental cleanings and thorough exams, including oral cancer screenings.
The purpose of the cleaning is to rid the teeth of harmful plaque build-up on the teeth and below the gum tissues where a tooth brush can’t reach. During cleanings your dental hygienist will
- Remove tartar build-up on your teeth and below the gum tissues.
- Remove plaque on your teeth and below the gum tissues.
- Polish your teeth to help remove light surface stains and prevent plaque from easily reattaching to your teeth.
- Discuss proper brushing and flossing techniques, the appropriate type of mouth rinse that will benefit your oral health, fluoride use and many other helpful tips to achieve and maintain a healthy dentition and gum tissues.
Your hygienist will clean surfaces of your teeth that you may have missed during brushing and flossing. During your appointment, we will also:
- Evaluate your overall health and oral hygiene.
- Check your bite and jaw for any problems including TMD issues and signs that you may be grinding or clenching your teeth.
- Evaluate your risk of tooth decay and gum or bone disease.
- Evaluate existing tooth restorations.
- Take dental x-rays if necessary.
Regular professional dental cleanings and exams are essential for attaining a healthy mouth. Our talented and experienced team can provide gentle and thorough dental cleanings and exams to help you maintain beautiful and healthy teeth, gums and smile.
At Academy Dental Care, we can help you establish a dental hygiene routine that will keep your teeth healthy and beautiful.
Contact us to request an appointment for a dental exam and cleaning.